ARK Survival Evolved is getting a major update today that includes changes to the structures available in-game and how the kibble system works.
Studio Wildcard has confirmed that this new patch is launching today on PS4, Xbox One and PC and should already be available for some.
The big changes being made today have been listed by the development team in new patch notes, which confirm the scope of what fans will be able to do now.
While Studio Wildcard has moved on from releasing mega patches including new dinosaurs and biomes, they are now focused on fine-tuning the game’s most important elements.
Today’s ARK Survival update is called the Homestead expansion and includes elements from the popular Structure Plus (S+) mod, and the long-awaited kibble rework.
For those that don’t know, Structures Plus (S+) is a player-created Sponsored Mod by Orionsun and is available for the first time on PS4 and Xbox One today.
With these new elements now implemented into the game on all platforms, here’s the complete list of structures you can find in-game:
- Dedicated bulk storage
- Triangle foundations, ceilings and roof pieces
- Four high walls
- Fence supports for level walls
- Flexible pipes and electrical cables
- Double doors
- Swappable variants for ramps/stairs
- New visual variants for existing structures
Away from the exciting structure improvements comes the long-promised kibble rework.
Here’s the full rundown from Studio Wildcard on what has changed, writing: “Previously the Kibble system worked like a tree, the egg of one creature being used in a kibble to tame the next creature in line.
“Often these kibbles didn’t make sense in terms of game progression and became more redundant with each new creature that was added to the game.
“Each creature now falls into one of six categories, and that creature’s egg can be used to tame any creature within that specific category. Instead of having 50+ different kibbles all requiring a different specific egg, it is drastically reduced to: Basic, Simple, Regular, Superior, Exceptional, and Extraordinary kibbles!”
Full patch notes for today’s major ARK Survival Evolved update can be found below:
- Variant System
- Added Structure variant system to cycle visuals for a structure
- Structure Pickup
- Enabled pickup of the following structures:
- Elevator Platforms
- Elevator Tracks
- Electric Generator
- Industrial Forge
- Industrial Grinder
- Chem Bench
- Tek Generator
- Tek Replicator
- Tek Transmitter
- Disabled pickup of Bee Hives
- Added ServerSettings ini config option StructurePickupHoldDuration to allow unofficials to configure (or disable by setting to 0) the quick-pickup hold duration
- Changed default for quick-pickup to 0.5 seconds (from 1 second)